Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required fields on on Request appearing on another request

Chris Jarvis December 13, 2018

I have a couple required fields on one request. They are appearing on the portal menu of another request. They are not on the second request,

They are not on the customer view on the second request just on the agent view in the portal. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, can you please let us know if this field is being set as required only on a single request type or is it set as required on the custom field page?
Is this issue happening only on one Service Desk project?
Also, can you please send us the steps to reproduce?
Once we hear back from you, we will be able to further investigate to find what is causing this.

Regards,
Angélica

Chris Jarvis December 14, 2018

Required for one request. But appears on a different request in the same project. both are service request with Approval. 

Chris Jarvis December 14, 2018

It is only happening with fields I gave a default value to. If  I remove the default value from the custom field page it does not appear the next time a request is made.

If it is on the agent portal page and I click EDIT then clear off the default value. the field disappears.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2018

Hi Chris,

I've tried to replicate this issue using a text field with a default value, but on a request type I added as required and it shows as required and the other I just added the field and on the customer portal it shows normally as not required.
Can you please let us know what type of field are you using? Then I can test using the same field here to replicate.
Also, can you clarify what is the agent portal?

Regards,
Angélica

Chris Jarvis December 18, 2018

Select list with a default

Text field with a default value

Chris Jarvis December 18, 2018

I meant where the assignee works the ticket. extrafield1.JPGThe "number of keys" and "Room" show up on this request but are not on the customer facing form.  Those fields are on another request in this project.

extra field2.JPG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 26, 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the details and sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought that it was appearing in the customer portal and not on agent view.
As it has default values and it was selected to show on View/Edit screen, it's expected behaviour.
You can create different screens for issue types but not request types. So if you have, for example, the issue type "Bug" and it is associated with 3 different request types, all tickets from that request types will show the custom field.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events