Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required fields and mail channel

Marek Gwozdz January 22, 2018

I want to made some fields required in custom portal (in request types->edit fields.

But I see it is impossible to keep email channel with required fields????

I don't need to customers create request by mail.  They could use customer portal. But email channel is efficient for further communication - noticications, adding comments by mail.

So requred fields don;t affect this. so is it possible to keep mail channel and required fields? Or only possibility is this or this?

1 answer

0 votes
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2018

Hi Marek,

I want to made some fields required in custom portal (in request types->edit fields.

But I see it is impossible to keep email channel with required fields????

Yes, this is expected because via email you would not be able to fill in the required field during the issue creation. You can either make it optional or if you need the field to be required, then you can provide a default value for the field.

I don't need to customers create request by mail.  They could use customer portal. But email channel is efficient for further communication - noticications, adding comments by mail.

If this is the case, then you can setup the Email Request tied to a different Request Type. The Mail Handler will pick up the new reply email of the notification email and update the issue accordingly. The Request Type that you are providing for the Email Request is only for Issue Creation, for issue update, it applies to all the Request Type.

Cheers,
Moga

RK July 4, 2018

Yes, this is expected because via email you would not be able to fill in the required field during the issue creation. You can either make it optional or if you need the field to be required, then you can provide a default value for the field.

I have set the default value to my field but still unable to make it required for my request type in which email configured.

-Rachit

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2018

You can’t make it required for the email request type. If you wish to expose the same request type to the portal where you can make fields required then create a duplicate request type that is not assigned to the email channel.

Like Charles Amschel likes this
RK July 4, 2018

Thanks @Jack Brickey. You are champ! You resolved my issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events