Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request types and making a copy

Certus Port Automation August 17, 2018

How can i copy an existing request type and change the visible field Display name and at the same time this name will not be changed in another group in the portal with that same request type. So i need a copy, not exact the same request type that you can use for serveral groups. 

Greetings Michel Leliveld

1 answer

3 votes
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

Im afraid you would have to create another request type, identical to the one you already have. Im not aware of a "Copy Request Type" option.

Certus Port Automation August 17, 2018

Ok, i thought so, couldn't find it. Thanks for you answer!

Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2018

No problemo!

Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

Michael, 

My experience suggests you are correct. You cannot copy request types. Even if you copy the entire project I've found that request types do not carry across. Thus you have to recreate them every time. This is a bummer if you are creating new projects based off of existing projects. Or creating new request types based off of existing request types. Kind of a hassle.

Like # people like this
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

Kind of a hassle

Agreed, Joe. Maybe there is a plugin that provides this functionality? It seems something like that would be helpful for a few admins at least.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events