Request type specific to a customer or organisation

Dear Expert, 

We want to integrate one of our service providers in the support process. Unfortunately they do not have any support tool. So we want to use JIRA Service Desk for that purpose. We are planning to model them as a 'customer' (or 'customer organisation'). So we will create the incident on behalf of them. Since it will be visible on the customer portal, they will then provide their answers on the customer portal. In general this workaround looks ok but we are facing one challenge. Since for this type of incident, we do not want to include in our regular incident reporting, we want to use a special 'Request Type'. However, this request type will be visible to all of our customers as well. We want to enable this request type only for this customer (or organisation), so that it will not be visible to our other customers. 

Is it possible to configure request type, which is visible only to a specific customer?

Or is there a better way to achieve the above mentioned use case?

Thanks

Rinju

1 answer

Hey,

I am no expert but I hope I can help you, too ;)

Request types cannot be restricted to a specific customer or organization. They can only be restricted to different projects. If you want to have a request type only visible for a specific customer or organization, you have to create a new project, add your customers ("project settings" > "users and roles") and organization to it and also add the new request type to the project ("administration" > "issues" > "issue type schemes").

In this project you also need to change the customer permission "Who can raise requests?" to "Customers who are added to the project" ("project settings" > "customer permissions"). This setting enables only your priviously added customers to see the project and its related request types.

Hello Heike,

Thanks for your reply. However creating a new project is not an option for us. Even from the administration point of view I feel a lot of effort is required.

Instead I found a workaround, which is so far working. I created a special 'Request Type' and hide it from the customer portal. I created an automation rule that whenever an incident is created for this particular organization, it will change the 'Request Type' to the special one, which I created.

Thanks

Rinju

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

37,484 views 13 40
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you