Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request participants does not receive the issue created notification

Jamel Boustaoui November 9, 2017

Hello,

Requester participants does not receive the notification when an issue is created. Only the requester and the helpdesk received the notification.

I searched since 4 hours without understanding. When I use the notification helper, all is green and the participants are supposed to receive the notification (dmartxxxx@kyriba.com for example).

I need your help to make sure, requester, watchers and participants receive the notification.

Thank you

Regards, Jamel

Example of requester participant who didn't receive the notification via email :

2017-11-09_1517.png

Notifications settings in the projects :

2017-11-09_1554.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hey Jamel,

The notification helper will only verify the Jira notifications and not the Service Desk notifications.

Even though the notification scheme states that it should send the notification to the participants and request participants field, Jira will only notify users who can actually access the issue in Jira (not Service Desk customer portal), so my guess is that you are not using the Service Desk notifications here and Jira is only sending the notification to users that have access to the issue.

Try checking _Administration > Applications > Jira Service Desk > Configuration (or Email requests, depending on your version)_ and look for a Notification settings to make sure the SD notifications are enabled.

You may also want to check your "Customer Notifications" settings inside your project configuration to make sure the "Request created" rules are set to "Customer involved".

Jamel Boustaoui November 11, 2017

Hi Marcus,

thank you for the answer. The settings are exactly how you explain.
See screenshots below :

jira1.pngjira2.pngThe Participants (CC in the emails) receives only the comments after the creation of the case but still don't receive the notification when the case is created... Very strange...

Thank you

Jamel

Mike May July 18, 2018

So Jamel maybe you are being held up in the same way I was: After I, as an agent, created an issue, I did not realize that the Request type field would need completion. It was defaulting to "No match." Once I had a valid value in Request type (e.g. Get IT help), anyone I added to Request Participants would get a notification. No Request type, no notification. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events