Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporter doesn't receive satisfaction survey email with start on issue resolution

Lev Garkavy January 7, 2018

Hello,

My customers (reporters) doesn't receive any survey/satisfaction email from jira when agents mark issue as resolved.

* when issue is created same reporter does receive an acceptance email.

I have enabled the customer satisfaction check mark in my service desk projects and checked that request resolved notification is enable. 

Tried with one and two users, did set on profile "my changes" to "Notify me".

Tried notifications helper to same users and issue, its written that everything ok but still no email received.

Please help me where to start checking.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

The CSAT surveys in Service Desk work a bit differently than standard notifications do.  As such, I don't believe the notification helper is really a valid test.  That helper is really made to determine if a notification scheme in Jira is setup to send the user a notification on a specific event controlled by that notification scheme applied to that project. 

There is an event that tends to have to be triggered to make this happen in your workflow, in much the same way that other notifications get triggered, however there have been a few different recent bugs in JSD that could be preventing this from working, the ones I'm thinking of off hand are:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5535

and

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5364

So my first question is, what version of Jira Service Desk are you using?   If it happens to be any version effected by either of these bugs or possibly earlier, it might be worth first upgrading to the latest version, which I believe is 3.9.2.

If you're on the latest version and are still having this problem, then I would be interested to see if you can recreate this problem and then take a closer look at your $JIRAHOME/log/ folder for Jira logs that are created when this happens.  The atlassian-jira.log and the servicedesk-jira.log could contain log messages here that might help us understand if there is a problem with trying to send these surveys.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events