Report to display number of linked issues

Matthew Dillman December 6, 2017

Our company is currently changing our main system to Office 365.  As the IT manager, I want to measure how many tickets a department opens because of this migration.  I created a migration ticket for each department and am linking the tickets they open regarding the migration to that ticket.  I would like to know if there is a report or dashboard that I can use to quickly see how many tickets are linked to the parent migration ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

@Matthew Dillman,

I beleive to do what you want based on your "linked issue" approach you will need a plugin like Scriptrunner or JTricks. However, consider a different cleaner (?) approach:

• Create a Request Type for O365. If your customers are instructed and follow instructions to choose this for all their O365 migration issues then they are doing the ground work for you. Of course they won't always follow instructions and it won't help with tickets created by email. But your agents can keep thing clean.
  • Use a Label. Your agents can add the label to every issues assocaited w/ Migration of O365
  • Use a Component. You can expose the component on the Portal and make it a required field.

IMO any of the above a cleaner solution than linking. Then you can absolutely track the details you want via a Dashboard gadget(s). You will want to create a filter that captures all of these issues (example below). I would suggest a Pie Chart and maybe a 2D chart.

JQL:

• project = ABC and Request type = O365
  • project = ABC and labels = O365_Migration
  • project = ABC and component = O365

hope this helps.

Matthew Dillman December 11, 2017

Thank you Jack.  I will look into this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events