Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to a service request from outlook creates a new item.

Ryan Ternier June 4, 2019

I'm testing our JSD (Cloud).

• I send in an email from my personal email -> Task Created (Good)
  • The email comes to our support account, but it doesn't have a JIRA # on it . I understand replying to this will create a new task because there's no ID.
  • If our support replies to an email with the JSD ID in it from outlook, it will still create a new task rather than add a comment (See below)
  • The system works as it should if all replies are done within JSD.

jsd1.PNG

Things I've done:

1) Added support@domain.com as an email handler - and it's working

2) Implemented this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-applications-to-receive-email-from-a-pop-or-imap-mail-server-938847645.html

It's still not working the way I'd expect it to.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2019

@Ryan Ternier , I think (?) you have set up the email using JSW email channel process and not the process for JSD. Please verify and let me know. 

Ryan Ternier June 5, 2019

I'm not sure what you mean by JSW email channel? 

REceiving a request by EMail works great from a customer. The customer can even comment on it through email w/o issue.

The issue i'm finding is when myself or someone else comments on the ticket through  Email it creates a new issue and not a comment on the current one.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

Sorry JSW is my shorthand for Jira Software. can you share what you have configured here...

project > project settings > email requests

this is where the email channel is setup for JSD projects NOT in the method you conveyed in the link - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-applications-to-receive-email-from-a-pop-or-imap-mail-server-938847645.html?_ga=2.154095608.1766971555.1559567063-1602363009.1550109608

Ryan Ternier June 5, 2019

I have a custom email address setup as:

support@domain.com using IMAP_SECURE

Request Type : EMaild Request

This works. However whenever support gets an email, and I see it in outlook, i cannot reply to it w/o it creating a new ticket (even with the Ticket ID in the subject - see image on first post)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events