Renaming the Comment Button

sjenkinsii December 4, 2017

I want to remove the "Comment Internally" from Service Desk. I would like to set up regular commenting within JSD as I would in any other non-SD project. I'm not sending my users to the Customer Portal as I don't have an interest in using it at this point. Is there a way that I can disable "Comment Internally" or rename the comment button so that only regular commenting is available?

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Inject a CSS snippet to all pages (or a Javascript snippet that would essentially do the same) and set the "display:hidden;" attribute on the button.

0 votes
Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hello Stevie,

There isn't a built-in way to do this, but it can be implemented externally. You want to be able to change the CSS on the issue pages accepting comments. In order to achieve this, you'll have to implement a reverse proxy to act as the webserver front-end. On this proxy you will need to filter for the element containing the button and alter it (hide visibility, etc.). It's not an easy hack, start by looking at this page and then test your own methods:

https://www.glintech.com/blog/modifying-the-look-of-jira-service-desk-using-custom-css-nginx.html

Another technique worth investigating is to use the banner announcement and place some Javascript in it which takes the action of hiding the button on every page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events