cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove approvals section from Customer Portal

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

How can I remove the "approvals/approver" information so that the customer does not see this? We use approvals amongst our agents to approve when an issue gets escalated to another group on our team, so we can see this on our side (view issue screen), but we don't want customers to see this in their Portal. Is there a way to remove it from the Portal?

The highlighted sections in the following image is what we do not want the customer to see: 

approvals.PNG

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

Hi Tiffany,

I'm sorry but I don't think it is possible. There could be plugin implemented which would remove these items because it looks like these information can be found in html by class approver-decision and cv-approval-status.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2018

Thank you. I was indeed able to create a custom plugin that hides these elements.

Like N.Yoshinaka likes this
Deleted user February 19, 2018

Hi Tiffany,

Are you able to share the solution with me? We are trying to achieve something very similar and struggling!!

OliverGesch October 31, 2018

Hi Tiffany, I'm also interested. Please share.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2018

Hello. I just created a custom plugin. In the plugin CSS, I just added things like .approver-decision {display:none;} and .cv-approval-status {display: none;}. Very easy!

Like N.Yoshinaka likes this
Adam Ashby-Clarke November 7, 2018

Hi Tiffany,

Is there any chance you could share the plugin with instructions?

Thanks!

Joseph Orellana December 11, 2018

Hi Tiffany, 

I also have the same exact need. Did you create a plugin using the Atlassian's SDK? Could you provide more instructions on how you created the plugin, please? 

Thank you! 

Best,

Joseph

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

I just followed Atlassian's documentation on how to set up a basic plugin. https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/getting-started/ Then I went into the css file and added those snippets of code that I mentioned in a previous comment above. :)

Joseph Orellana February 1, 2019

Hi Tiffany, 

Thank you for the additional information! I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful day! 

Best,

Joseph

Deleted user April 10, 2019

Tiffany I Tried it but didn't work really.. any special trick required to build or include special module? Thanks 
Portal:approval.png

Plugin default Module:
approval plugin.pngplugin CSS file before build and atlas-run command:

approval css file.png

Andrea C November 24, 2021

Sorry to write in this old question but I am wondering @[deleted] if you managed to make it work.

0 votes
moziauddin May 20, 2022

This no longer works as the CSS attributes are changed. Is there anyway of hiding it in JSM cloud?

0 votes
Sandip Shrivastava
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021
  • Stop JIRA instance
  • Take a back up of servicedesk-frontend-plugin-x.x.x-REL-0021.jar under shared-home/jira/plugins/installed-plugins.
  • Follow the KB Article to extract and rebuild after you have modified  .cv-approval-status {margin-top:30p;display: none} class in portal-approval-statuses-webpanel.c923848f1113bde2c983.css as shown in the screenshot  below

screenshot-3.png

• Rebuild the jar and replace it under shared-home/jira/plugins/installed-plugins.
  • Delete the plugin cache[JIRA_HOME/plugins/*.bundled-plugins* and JIRA_HOME/plugins/*.osgi-plugins]* from the individual nodes and restart Jira
  • Clear the Browser cache or attempt to access the customer portal in Incognito window of your browser.

This needs to be maintained throughout the upgrade by individuals and is not encouraged though.

0 votes
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Hi.

I didn't find this app on the marketplace.

Where can I get it?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Hi Gil,

You won't find this plugin on Atlassian MarketPlace. This is a plugin that @Tiffany Owen  has made for itself.

Pavel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events