Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Configure Fields Button

Olivier MAZEN April 16, 2018

Hello there,

I am not able to reach a specific configuration with the "configure fields" button on create / modification issue screen.

I would like to not displayed the button to end user.

I have followed many topic in Atlassian community to perform what i need, all of them turn arround the same think, add some javascript in the description.

( https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-hide-the-configure-fields-button-on-the-create-issue-screen-608731486.html)

When i go to the Fields configuration section, i didn't found a field named "Configure Fields" to add the Java script. which is assume in the link provided.

So what i have done is create a new custom field named "configure Fields".

I had this custom field in my screen.

I had the javascript in the comment section in Field Configuration(cf link above)

Result:

I didn't have the button displayed anymore (yes !) but the custom field "configure Fields" appears now in my screen which is quiet logical.

How can i remove the button to end user and not have the new custom field displayed?

Regards,

Olivier

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

Just put the JS code in a description of a field that exist on the create screen (e.g. Description field). You do not need to create a new custom field. If you want to remove it entirely you might think of adding the code to the announcement banner for example

Olivier MAZEN April 16, 2018

Hello Mirek,

Its work pretty well ( i have set it in my annoucement banner)

Thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events