Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive notification when new ticket is created

Ann Marie Guinan May 15, 2018

Hi there,

I'd like to receive an email every time a new ticket is created. And maybe two other members of staff. 

What's the best way to set this up.

Ann Marie

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

Hi @Ann Marie Guinan,

best way will be to do this in the notification scheme. If you have Administrator permission, you can just add yourself and the other staff members to the "Issue Created" notification in that scheme that is used in the project, where you want to be notified.

Hi @Bastian Stehmann,

Where is the setting for notification scheme? I am not sure what access I have but I can ask the Administrator to change this if you could give me a step by step please.

Thanks so much for your help

Ann Marie

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

Hi @Ann Marie Guinan,

that's no problem (assum:

•  Go to the project where you want to be notified
  • Select "Project Settings"
  • Select "Notifications" (you will need to scroll down a lot)
  • Now you have to check, if the notifcation scheme is used only for this project or if it is used for multiple projects (there is an information below the name of the notification scheme, in how many projects that scheme is used, if you click on that, it will show you which projects)
  • If it is used only in project (or only in the projects, where you want to be notified), you can choose "Edit Notifications" and then use Add for the "Issue Created"-Event to add yourself 
  • If this scheme is used in multiple project and you do not want to get notified for all projects, you have to create a new notification scheme
  • To do this, you can also choose "Edit Notifications", the use the "Show All Notification Schemes"-Link above the events to go to the overview-Page.
  • The you can copy the scheme, that was used in your project and then choose Notifications to add yourself.
  • If the Scheme fits your needs, go back to project settings -> notifications and then choose "Choose another Notification Scheme", then select the new created scheme
  • That's it
Like # people like this

Hi @Bastian Stehmann

I got as far as Bullet point three but I cannot find an edit button, does this mean I do not have the permissions to change this?

Kind regards,

Ann Marie

PM January 27, 2020

Hello @Bastian Stehmann 

Do you know if there is a way to set up this same notification based off of what customer group created the Ticket for the service desk? 

I have about 10 customer groups of 8-15 members and a different manager for each group, and it would be nice to direct new tickets to those managers, rather than have each manager receive all the notifications.

thank you 

Aaron 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

Hi @PM ,

sorry, just noticed this here. In a Service Desk, you can achieve this with the automation rules. There is a notify user action, that you can use to notify your managers.

0 votes
Thomas Gottmann May 4, 2020

Hello, 

we are working with next gen JSD projects and I have the same issue. unfortunately im not able to add the project in notification scheme. Is there a way to get this work with next gen projects? 

Thank you,

Thomas 

0 votes
Atul Vig November 4, 2019

Do the users who receive notifications from an issue created in a service desk project have to be a service desk agent? I want to have a non service desk agent receive notifications of new issues created for this service desk project. Is that possible? 

Zydrunas Tamasauskas March 31, 2020

You can create the same custom notification scheme and add yourself as a single user to be notified.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2018

Hi @Ann Marie Guinan,

It is a drop down in the upper right corner. If you can not see that, you will probably not have the permission to do this.

Best regards 

Bastian 

Ok @Bastian Stehmann

Thank you for all your help, 

I will ask the admin to do this!

Thanks again, appreciate it :)

Ann Marie Guinan May 17, 2018

Hi @Bastian Stehmann

What level of permission would I need to edit this, administrator? 

Thanks Ann Marie

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2018

Hi @Ann Marie Guinan,

yes, you are right. Administrator permissions should be enough.

Bastian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events