Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasonable workflow for handling incidents?

stacey armstrong November 15, 2017

Can some one help me please... I am wanting to automate the process of email requests and putting them into groups.

For example - if a client app is down and the request is an incident not a service request how can I automate this with the SLA's and queues.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Hi Stacey,

Service Desk automation can read incoming email and based on keywords change a request type.  So if the email said incident it could change the request type.

But the issue type would have to stay the same.  But then the SLAs and Queues can be customized based on the Request type.

Hope that helps

Susan

Yes brilliant!

Do you know where I can automate the emails.

Stacey

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Hi Stacey,

You need to first set up your service desk to receive email and ensure that you have a customer request type for receiving email (e.g. Email request).  It can only have summary, description fields.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/receiving-requests-by-email-747602718.html

Then you use the Service Desk Automation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html

Cheers

Susan

Thanks for this!

I cant seem to get the automation to work I'm sorry!

I apply the rule but nothing happens and it still goes into the service request queue when I need it to go into the incidents queue if stated in the email urgent etc... 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Hi

Did your check your automation log to see if it worked.  Otherwise paste a pic of it in here

S

stacey armstrong November 16, 2017

Ive checked the log and it isn't executed I have no idea how to get this to work

stacey armstrong November 16, 2017

Just checked all my rules and nothing is executing at all 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

@stacey armstrong, can u provide an image of your automation steps and maybe an example of email used to test?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

we can help you debug

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_, it appears the discussion has moved to this new thread

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events