Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising a Service Desk Request for a Customer isn't always understood as "by" the Customer

Jim Baker August 31, 2017

Has anyone else noticed this?

When I, as an Agent, raise a Service Desk request on behalf of a customer, and then the customer checks the portal, they need to set the filter to "created by anyone" in order to see those requests, but the "reported by" field on the Agent's view shows the customer's name.

It's like some parts of the Service Desk treat those issues as created by me, and other parts of Service Desk treat those issues as created by the user in whose name I raised the request.  

I suggest that if I raise a request on Sally's behalf, it show up on the "created by me" filter in Sally's view of the portal, in case Sally needs to follow up on the request.

Also, the email notifcations sent to the nominal reporter for those issues only say 

"Just confirming that we got your request. We're on it."

Since that is all that goes to the person on behalf of whom the request was raised, it might be good to add the content of the "Why do you need this?" (body) field of the request to the email so that the customer can see the content of what was raised on their behalf (without having to click through the link in the footer of the email.)

Thanks,

Jim

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Hi Jim,

Your first question sounds like a bug and I would raise that with Support.  My understanding is "my requests" is by the reporter not the creator in the Portal.

Your second question you can customize the "Customer Notifications" and in the Content there is a variable for "Issue Description" and/or "Issue Summary" if you want to send fuller content to the reporter of the issue.

Hope that helps,

Susan

Jim Baker September 4, 2017

Thanks, the notifications were easy to fix!

I'll file a bug on the other.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Hi Jim,

Good to hear, please marked answered.

Thanks...Susan

0 votes
Jim Baker September 6, 2017
Matthew Gaffney April 30, 2019

Jim, Did you ever see a resolution to this issue? Since this is a getsupport customer portal issue, I don't think the average bear has access to view the link you listed above. 

Thank you

Jim Baker April 30, 2019

They followed up with me to ask me to clarify the problem, but no response since then (september 2017)

Like Matthew Gaffney likes this
Matthew Gaffney April 30, 2019

Sorry to hear that.

Thank you! 

Like Todd Thomas likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events