Raise tickets from Jira to Jira Servicedesk

Leigh Bartlett May 20, 2019

We have the following requirement:

A customer has their own Jira instance that they wish to raise tickets in for their central tracking. 

We would like to allow them the option to assign a ticket to us in Jira that will then in turn raise a ticket in our Jira Servicedesk that is a separate instance. 

The following flow:

1. User raises ticket in JIRA A. 

2. Assigned to me in JIRA A. 

3. Sends an email to an email address linked to create a ticket in JIRA Servicedesk B.

4. JIRA Servicedesk B receives email and then auto-creates a ticket in JIRA Servicedesk B.

In a perfect world, we would also like to be able to channel updates between the two via the email updates but I'm not clear if that is easy to do? 

Any advice here would be great, especially how I would be able to test the integration works as hoped. 

4 answers

1 vote
Riddhi Shah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hello @Leigh Bartlett   ,

I'm part of the Exalate team, a synchronization solution for Jira to Jira integration.

In your case, Exalate could be a fit! why because it has all the features that can solve your problems:

Exalate allows syncing information bi- and uni-directionally between multiple Jira instances. Or separate projects in your local Jira.

It keeps autonomy. That means both Jira's can be set-up and configured differently.

It's mega flexible, you can sync all types of information, including comments, attachments and custom fields. You can control what to sync and what not, and much more ....

I hope this answer helps. 😃 

1.png

Cheers,

Riddhi

0 votes
Ligia Merciu May 20, 2019

Hi,

Power Scripts for Jira would resolve all of your requirments: send customised emails from an instance on a post-function, set a custom mail-handler on the JSD - or you can use the default feature to create issues from email in JSD, use webhooks for syncronizing the two instances as needed. Of course, you should have it installed on bothe instances.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hello @Leigh Bartlett 

It's possible you need to use Service Desk automation.

There are two automation's the default SD automation right beneath SLA's and automation with a plugin called "Automation for Jira"

This is how you can achieve this using "Automation for Jira"

First of all, you need to have a Jira Service Desk user account with assignable permission on your customer side. 

And the service desk on your side need's to have an email address, but I guess you already know that.

Go to your Service Desk -> settings ->project automation

When an issue is assigned

Add JQL condition and match your user 

Add action Alert user

In TO part write your Service Desk email address

The channel updates between the two via the email 

I would add your (service desk  email address) as a user to your client SD and  the add him to

request participant also, so when you comment from one side it should appear on the other 

You can test this by creating test Service Desks on your's and your's client side.

Send email from jira to jira.PNG

This are just my quick thoughts how to solve this 

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Okay now I noticed that you are not using two service desk's

The automation part works the same but you need to use "Automation for Jira" and you don't need Jira Service Desk license but Jira software license user with assignable permissions.

The channel updates between the two via the email will not work.

You can try slack, to view issue progress.

And the testing just create two test project's and test it

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Leigh Bartlett ,

Out of the box I don't think it's possible. The first solution that comes to my mind is to use Email This Issue add-on. It allows you to configure custom email templates and then use those templates in workflow postfunctions to send emails.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events