Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about reopening a resolved tickets and its resolution

Luis Cabezas July 23, 2019

Hello,

When a reply is made after a ticket is resolved, it adds "Waiting for Support", but the resolution remains what I set "Fixed". Is there a way to remove the resolution when its reopened?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2019

Please don't say "resolution status" - resolution and status are two completely separate things in Jira, and it's not clear which one you are talking about when you use that phrase.

Your question is clear this time though, you mean resolution.  Standard practice is to have a workflow post-function that clears the resolution when you use a "reopen" transition.

Luis Cabezas July 23, 2019

Cleaned up the question. How would I do a "post-function" that would clear the resolution? Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2019

Edit the workflow, and look for the reopen transition.  When you click on that, you'll get a box with several tabs - conditions, validators, post-functions and workflows. 

Use the post-function one, and you'll see a + for adding post functions near the top right.  Look for one called "update field value" and it will let you select "resolution" with a "none" value at the top of the list.

Like Katherine Stevens likes this
Luis Cabezas July 24, 2019

Awesome! Thank you! It worked. I also created a REOPENED status in the workflow if a ticket is re-opened.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events