Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query for changing status 14 days after effective date

Scott McDonald November 29, 2017

Hello:

We want to use an automation rule to move tickets to a specific status of 'Initiate Change' 14 days from the effective date.  The following query seems to work but Automation won't transfer.  Please help!

project = "Identity Lifecycle Management" and "Effective Date" >= -14d and status = "Initiate Change" 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

Hi Scott,

What is your trigger?  AUtomation needs a trigger and I don't see one that fits with your Jql.

One of the best ways to use Automate to perform something is set up an SLA that is 14 days from your status.   YOu can then use the AUtomate with trigger "SLA Is breached" to then perform a transition.

Hope that helps...

Susan

Scott McDonald November 30, 2017

Hi Susan -

Thanks for the response.  What do you mean by trigger? Where can I verify that?

Regards,

Scott

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

Hi,

In Jira Service Desk Automation, it starts with "When" (the trigger).  I assume you are trying to set this up on Service Desk Automation?

Susan

Hi,

No, JIRA (on-prem), Automation for JIRA (automation rules).

Scott

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2017

I re-tagged it.

Ok. Can you assist?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2017

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that plugin.  You can reach out directly to the plugin vendor.

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Susan,

When you say "Automation won't transfer", what do you mean exactly? As in do you get an error in the rule's audit log?

What does the audit log show when the rule executes?

Is this a project specific rule or a global rule (see 'Rule details'). If it's a project specific rule, then the issues need to be in the same project as the rule.

Cheers,
 Andreas

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

@andreas,

Question is for @Scott McDonald

Scott McDonald December 4, 2017

HI @andreas,

No errors appear in the log...the log only says that no tickets were transferred.  

The rule is project specific but I think I have resolved it. I unchecked the box'Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed' checkbox'.

Regards,

Scott

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hi Scott,

Ah yes, that would do it! Great to hear you figured it out on your own.

Cheers,
  Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events