Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper way to induce a re-sync between database and front-end

Tyler Sherrard October 24, 2017

Hello.

Our team likes to automate certain tasks, and a big selling feature of JIRA for us was the ability to query and manipulate a backend database.

For example, I needed to remove ~10 components from a project, and performed this using a delete from, however, after execution the front end still showed links to these components until I stopped the JIRA service and restarted it.

Is there a built in way to cause JIRA to re-sync the database in order to remove these dead links? If not, how would I go about developing this myself?

Thx

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

No.

You should never write to a Jira database.  If you do, it should be infrequent and always done when Jira is offline and you've taken a proven backup first.

I don't know who "sold" it to you on the ability to get to the database, but they were wrong and it's been mis-sold to you.  In most cases, you shouldn't even be reading it, as it's a datastore, not a reporting design.

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

You may try the reindex feature, which is build in JIRA (but I am unsure if it handles reindexing of Components in Project). You can find it in administration.

But Nic is true in his statement, that you should never touch the database and values in it directly. It may lead to corruption of datas stored in database.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events