Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project lead keeps receiving email notifications for issue created

Sabrina Liao February 3, 2020

We're trying to disable whatever it is that's causing the project lead for the Service Desk project to continually get notified for every ticket creation. I checked in Components and saw that we don't have a default assignee. I checked in our automation rules, and we don't have anything there that specifically only tags the project lead user for ticket creations. I checked the notification scheme (we use the default one), and there's nothing there that tags the project lead for issue creation (just current assignee, reporter, and all watchers). It seems like the project lead is automatically getting assigned to the ticket upon creation and thus getting notified, but after trying to troll through numerous threads, I can't figure out where else to check.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sabrina Liao February 11, 2020

I finally found the other place where this setting gets set: the 'Details' page in the project settings. Would be helpful for more documentation (or maybe just easier to find? I don't know how I couldn't find the help I needed until I figured it out myself) to point out the different ways someone could get assigned/tagged on an issue.

0 votes
Jools Strowbridge August 4, 2020

I had similar issue with Project Leads getting emails for everything raised within a Project. This was due to default 'on' setting when using Add On - Digest Email.

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hi @Sabrina Liao 

What does the 'Default assignee' says in the component page? Is it 'Unassigned' or 'Project default'?

Sabrina Liao February 4, 2020

It's "Unassigned", and the option for leaving tickets w/ no assignee is on

Sabrina Liao February 6, 2020

Anything else I need to provide in terms of information to help w/ debugging this?

Like Jools Strowbridge likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events