Project authorisation

Theo Eyzenga December 9, 2014

I have a question concerning the auhorisation of users in the projects. Is it possible that a user, when he logs in into the Customer Portal, only is able to see the project where he has an authorisations for.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Yes, please go to People tab > Customers > Change "Everyone can access" to "Only people on my customer list can access my Customer Portal" and then only Customers that you invite to this portal will be able to see it.

Theo Eyzenga December 9, 2014

Seastiaan, thank you for your answer. The only challenge I have is that there is no outgoing mail server installed yet on this server. Is there a possibility to bypass this? Theo

Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

Theo, To be honest, I am not sure - since this invitation to particular ServiceDesk goes out in a form of email as then the Customer should receive it. You can use already a Customer account that is active in your system. I also checked if it is possible to provide them manually (via your own email) with the link to your ServiceDesk/password creation page - but it won't fly since Jira is putting a token there and without the token the user won't be able to setup their account properly. Maybe there is a way to use an external outgoing email server directly through Jira's settings, so you won't have to install anything on your server.

Theo Eyzenga December 10, 2014

Sebastiaan, thanks, I'll try this. THeo

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

Is this People tab > Customers menu available in 2.0 only or in 1.0 as well ? I have SD 1.2.7 and I don't see it

Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

I believe it's only in 2.0 as they have changed the licensing model for Customers accounts (they are not counted as regular Jira user accounts; while previously it was set via Permissions)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events