Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Prohibiting a closed service desk ticket to not be able to be opened after a period of time

Does anyone know if there is a way with the service desk to prohibit a customer from re-opening a service desk ticket after a period of time? I'm guessing I could do it with some sort of automation or plugin. However, I was wondering if there was a way to do this with the service desk out of the box? Thoughts much appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote

JD,

By default the service desk tickets are set up with workflows and SLA's automatically designed to handle this. Basically, tickets can go to the status "Resolved" or "Cancelled".

Once there, an SLA begins counting time for 3 days. At the end of the three days, if the ticket hasn't been reopened, it will be automatically transitioned into the "Closed"  status. The closed status has no outgoing transitions and therefore cannot be reopened.

Does this make sense?

Kian

Yes. Thank you. Can one adjust the 3 days?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

96 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you