Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prohibiting a closed service desk ticket to not be able to be opened after a period of time

JD Lobue November 20, 2019

Does anyone know if there is a way with the service desk to prohibit a customer from re-opening a service desk ticket after a period of time? I'm guessing I could do it with some sort of automation or plugin. However, I was wondering if there was a way to do this with the service desk out of the box? Thoughts much appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

JD,

By default the service desk tickets are set up with workflows and SLA's automatically designed to handle this. Basically, tickets can go to the status "Resolved" or "Cancelled".

Once there, an SLA begins counting time for 3 days. At the end of the three days, if the ticket hasn't been reopened, it will be automatically transitioned into the "Closed"  status. The closed status has no outgoing transitions and therefore cannot be reopened.

Does this make sense?

Kian

JD Lobue November 21, 2019

Yes. Thank you. Can one adjust the 3 days?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events