Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with linking Epics.

Jeffrey December 10, 2019

Hi I tried linking an epic to a task I was creating but it did no update.

After creating the task I tried to edit the task then link then the Epic but it still did not update.

Please assist.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hi Jeffery,

I see that you are unable to create an epic link for a new issue.  I would recommend that you reach out to your Jira Cloud site admin in this case.  I can see that you have Jira Cloud site that has both Service Desk and Jira Software.  In order for you to be able to add issues to an epic, you need to have the product access to Jira Software.  Just having Jira Service Desk access is insufficient for this task.   You can probably still see the epic issues without the product access, but you won't have all the features needed here.  You might refer your site-admin to the Groups and product access documentation if they are unfamiliar with this process.

This is only something that your site-admin will be able to grant you, typically by adjusting the group membership so your account will have that product access going forward.

If you have Jira Software access and still have this problem, I'd be interested to learn more about what appears on your screen when you see this.  Are you seeing any kind of error message?  Or is your browser console showing any kind of error when loading the page or trying to create this link?

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events