Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with customer overview page / user search

Benjamin Löffler September 24, 2018

Hello together,

in our jira service desk installation (on own server), we have a problem with (I think) the user search.

Whenever we want to open the page "customers" there comes up the following message in pop-up window: (translated from German)

"The Jira server was contacted, but returned an error response. We are uncertain about the result of this operation."

The same pop-up comes up if we want to assign a ticket to an other person.

Does someone have that problem, too? Or maybe does someone know a solution?

I just installed the latest version of core and helpdesk but it's still not solved.

thanks in advance for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hi Benjamin, 

You may be running into an issue similar to the one described in this article: 

Picking a user from the Reporter or Assignee field throws 'The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation' error

To find out if you are, run the following SQL query: 

SELECT * FROM cwd_user WHERE email_address IS null or email_address = '';

is anything returned?

Can you also take a look in your logs under JIRA Home Directory/log/atlassian-jira.log and see if any errors are thrown when this error message pops up in the UI?

Cheers, 

Keri

Benjamin Löffler September 27, 2018

Hi Keri,

thanks for your help.

It worked as soon as I deleted and regenerated the AD-Sync.

Very strange...

Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2018

Yes - weird! It could be that some of the user details hadn't come over in the sync correctly - like the KB article and when syncing again the details came through so didn't have the issue anymore. 

Glad to hear it's working now though! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events