Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with activating users

Roman Kovalyk August 13, 2018

Good day, team. We are experiencing some problems with the users: they get deactivated with no particular reason. I would like to make them active, since they are still working on the project, but so far the only workaround I found is to delete and re-create the user, in which case the history will be lost.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2018

@Roman KovalykThis user  is an  active  directory/ LDAP user  you  cannot activate  user in Jira  like that,  you  will  need to  activate user from  LDAP. If  you  don't know how you must  contact  your IT  team  or who ever configured it,  he know  where your AD/LDAP  server is and how to  have access to  this   server. Then enable user there  in  AD.

Best!

Guys, first of all many thanks for all who helping to solve this problem, appreciate. 

Second - we see that we have problem on the server it showed us this.  e09eabf9-53a1-4a94-9fc9-beb8dc62b825.jpg

Can someone help us to fix this with a help of Team Viewer? 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2018

@Roman Kovalyk  Please provide System Event Log  for  more information , in other to  help  further with  this issue

To view the system log in Event Viewer

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer

2. In the console tree, click System  Logs

Best!

Roman Kovalyk August 14, 2018

Hello. 

What is the next step? image.png

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2018

@Roman KovalykUnder windows Logs > System ,  then  check  in  the system  window  the error message that  is  related  to  JIRA

Roman Kovalyk August 17, 2018

Good day, Moses.

I get the logs that you need, but they are in CSV format.

How can I send you, maybe email?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2018

@Roman KovalykYes  please attached  it here, so  that i  check  it out !

Best! regards,

Roman Kovalyk August 23, 2018

Good day, Moses.

I cannot attach those files here. System not allow. 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2018

@Roman KovalykSo just create a link with this file and grant all access to  view file

Roman Kovalyk August 23, 2018

http://depositfiles.com/files/eg4rpya8k

http://depositfiles.com/files/pes28peu0

This is 2 links with the files. Please check, asap.

Many thanks. 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2018

@Roman KovalykI  can't  download these files  as i  need to  register/pay for download could  you add file another way

Roman Kovalyk August 27, 2018

@Moses Thomas Good day, Moses!

Any news about how to solve this issue?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2018

@Roman KovalykWhy you  link file as .numbers,  I just need to  read the error windows displays  i can't read the files from  these links,  could you please read error and type them  here, will  be easier  or  some readable file.

Roman Kovalyk August 27, 2018

@Moses Thomas Alright, let me check. Thanks. 

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

HI @Roman Kovalyk

Welcome to the community!

Please go to User management and then find the user that you want to activate and click Edit, you should see an option for Active

Hey, Yogesh. 

I don't have such option.

image.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2018

Your screenshot is of a user who is not deactivated.

I don't think you are talking about the active/inactive flag in Jira.  What do you mean by "deactivated"?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

HI @Roman Kovalyk

That option you will see only for the internal directory users, if you are managing users from AD/LDAP then you will not be able to see that option.

active.png

You need to active/deactivate user from the AD/LDAP.

How i can reach AD/LDAP? Do you have some tutorial?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2018

please contact Jira /LDAP Administrator for this I mean those who have been configured/connected this AD/LDAP with JSD.

Excuse me, but do we have faster and easier way to fix this problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2018

No, because the problem is with your AD/LDAP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events