Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Jira automation

Timppa October 10, 2017

Hello,

We have a little problem with Jira automation rule.

We use automation rule which edit component and alert user when SLA time remaining: Trigger is Breached.

Sometimes that rule stop working and only way to fix it is to reboot our Jira server. This problem appears once a week or sometimes it works just fine several months. All the other rules works just fine.

Any tips why that rule stop working or how we can track main cause?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

Hi!

1. Just first question, your Automation version is latest? 

2. Could you set debug log for Automation plugin? 

3. Just check ERRors in Debug logs, it will be nice if you provide. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/logging-and-profiling-802592962.html

Cheers, 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Timppa October 11, 2017

Hi,

1. Automation version is 2.3.4

2. We set debug on and follow the situation. Let's hope that the logs will give as some answers.

Like Miftahur Rizkie likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

Hi! 

Looks like we speak about different plugins:

I mean about this one.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/versions

Could you provide a product key?

I have checked on out the box plugin (com.atlassian.servicedesk.plugins.automation.servicedesk-automation-plugin) with version 2.4.4 for JSD  3.6.1. 

Unfortunately, I can not reproduce it.

Could you test on your env with this version? 

Thanks

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Timppa October 12, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes the automation what I mean is the one which comes with JSD not a add-on from Atlassian Marketplace. 

Our JSD is 3.3.0.

What do you think if we upgrade our SD 3.3.0 --> 3.8.1 it might also solve this problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events