Problem with Bulk Editing

Hi,

I'm trying to bulk edit a list of tickets and I get a message: 

N/AEdit IssuesNOTE: You do not have permission to edit the selected 106 issues or at least one issue has a status that forbids editing.

Where can I see list of statuses which are disabled for editing?

Thanks!

4 answers

2 votes
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 24, 2018

This generally happens if one of the tickets is in "closed" status which by default doesn't allow issues to be edited.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 24, 2018

indeed the likely candidate. you would need to reopen, edit, close.

It's indeed the "Closed" status. Is there a way to make this status editable or reopen --> edit --> close is the only workaround?

Thanks!

hello @TTG Support You can  make the issues at closed status editable, if you follow this guide - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/allow-editing-of-closed-issues-138704.html

0 votes

unsure the exact cause but will offer the following approach to figure it out.

assuming there are multiple statues w/in the list try breaking them apart. change query to be by specific status. See where the bulk edit fails.

0 votes

re: allowing editing of closed issues

added as separate answer as it is separate question: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/allow-editing-of-closed-issues-138704.html?_ga=2.52986091.272351579.1516632992-174962726.1509369656

0 votes

Your other option is to remove the "do not edit" flag from the "Closed" status.  Or, limit the permission to just administrators.

Workflow properties on status are your friend for that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

662 views 4 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot