Problem in Jira service desk finding proper translation in Confluence

Martin LALONDE December 13, 2018

Hello everyone,

I have installed the plugin Translation for Jira Service desk in Jira and Scroll translation in Confluence. The setup language is Default English (United States) and French (France) in both plugins. I have translated each word and phrase from English to French for the service desk and it work ok when choosing the language required. 

I created a Confluence document in English and after translated it to French. When I switch with Confluence it work ok. 

My problem is with the search box in the Service desk my document is named "WIFI connection" If I'm in English it finds it and display in English. When I switch the display language in the Service desk and look for the same document named "Wifi connexion" it find the document but display the English version. 

If I go to Confluence and switch my displayed language, it now finds the French document when I'm in French or English on the portal....

I've looked into the documentation of the plugin here and they mention the issue occurs because

1. Translated page titles do not appear in the search, as JIRA service desk searches for the Confluence page title rather than the scroll page title.

So this date back from 2017 and cannot find any information if this will be fix within the Service desk. I also posted on their side if they know if Atlassian will fix this in the future and I'm also posting it here.

I don't want to use their workaround it makes no sense to make 2 pages for the same documents and then update at 2 different place nor to create one space for French documentation and one for English, it is the point of the plugin to have all language version in the same document. 

Hopefully someone will have a good solution or maybe some update in the Service desk will fix this.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events