Priorities and their ticket types

Danny Jimenez May 29, 2018

Is there a way to run a report to see where all of my tickets fall in the SLA schema?

For example I would like to see a list of tickets that will be created as a CRITICAL (major, minor, etc.) ticket type (s).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

@Danny Jimenez,

i'm not clear still on what you are trying to do but let me take a swing at it. 

Are you wanting to display all issues associated w/ your Critical/Major/Minor SLAs? And if so can I assume that your Critical/Major/Minor SLAs are associated w/ the Priority field? If so then won't the following filters accomplish this? I must be missing something.

• project = abc AND priority = Critical
  • project = abc AND priority = Major
  • project = abc AND priority = Minor

Now, in your initial inquiry you state - "see a list of tickets that will be created as a CRITICAL...". Focusing on the "will be" here, do you have some rules in place that automatically set the priority? If so what are those rules?

Yes to some extent. Except I just want to see what is configured for each priority. Just from the configuration side so i can see how the priorities are setup and what each priority level's corresponding tickets are.

Hope that helps, kinda hard to explain.

Basically i am trying to pull some data that can show me this for all of my request types without having me to go through one by one.priority.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

ok so i see you are using the Priority as a hidden field w/ preset value and you want a query to show all your presets. There is no 'direct' way to do this so 1-by-1 is the only thing I can think of. Hopefully you don't need to do the on a regular basis.

0 votes
Eric Lemay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Hi Danny, 

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for?  You can search for tickets by priority using the issue navigator or using the advanced search using the IN operator, more details on advanced searching here if you need it : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/advanced-searching-765593707.html

For your SLA calculations, you can use the name of the SLA target that you set in your configuration and use the different search functions available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/using-jql-queries-specific-to-slas-844628670.html like breached(), running(), etc.

Sorry about not being clear. Basically i am looking to see for all of my SLA levels (critical, major, minor, etc) all of the tickets that have been designated for that type.

So for tickets that will receive a CRITICAL sla type, for example, a report can be run that will show:

• Password resets
  • New User Setups
  • Hardware failures

Basically I just want to see the settings not necessarily the tickets that are currently open for it.

Eric Lemay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Unfortunately I don't know of any way that a report can be pulled listing the request types attached to a specific SLA.  I don't know if that's even something that is immediately searchable given how JSD is built.

ok, thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events