Hetal August 13, 2017

Hello,

I  have cerated an issue type with below:

Issue Type - EPIC

Priority = Medium

Epic Name = XYZ

Parent Link = ABC-123

Further I also went ahead and added "ssues in EPIC" which is showing as ABC-789

Issue - When I am customising my print template, I am unable to see "Issues In EPIC" hence my "Issues in EPIC" does not get printed

I tried adding "Linked Issues" but it still cant see my issue ABC-789 on the print.

Could someone please explain how to get my "Issues in EPIC" printed when I am printing my EPIC card

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Hetal

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

@Hetal, I'm not familiar with "print template". Where is that feature or where are you printing from?

Hetal August 15, 2017

Hi Jack,

We do use scrum broad and i have attached steps i go through to customise my print.

Printing is not an issue for me. I am able to print. My issue is one of the field "issues in EPIC" is not available in "Card designer" and was hoping if someone could help me how to get "issue in EPIC" field in card desginer.

1) This is my issue type – EPIC and I have 2 issues in EPIC EIS1-2116 and EIS1-2543

Sample of issue type.PNG

2) Select cards to print and then select printed issues

print selected issues.PNG

3) I created customise print template "HP" and selecting fields which I want to see on the card. But I cannot see field "issues in EPIC" and hence my 2 issues in EPIC EIS1-2116 and EIS1-2543 does not get printed on the card.

Card designer.PNG

I tried field "linked issues" but that is not working either.

Hetal August 15, 2017

If you wish to print just one issue then another option is to open an issue and you can see print option on the top right handside corner which takes you to screen three in my above repsone.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

@Hetal, unfortunately I'm not sure I can assist with this. This appears to be a server issue and I'm on cloud. It has been a couple of years since I was using server version an it has changed significantly.

Hopefully someone w/ some server experience on this can chime in.

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2017

Hi guys, 
Apologies for the late response to this, it would seem the RSS feed failed to pick it up back in August.
For context, I'm from the Agile Cards team the one behind the app @Hetal is using to print issue data from Jira. 

To both @Hetal and @Jack Brickey
Judging by your prior conversation, it seems that you identified our app as an integral and native component of Jira, correct?

@Hetal For your assurance, we're planning to refine how issue data from 'parent' issues is configurable within card designs early next year.
This is on the backing of user requests for the same application between stories and tasks, or tasks and subtasks. 

Our current version of Agile Cards has linked issues, rather than those which are added via the 'Epic Link' option.
2017-12-06_1255.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events