Possible to inline edit in service desk queues?

Floris Olsthoorn January 22, 2018

In JIRA Service Desk queues or list of search results, is it possible to inline edit values?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Hi Floris,

If you're looking at a queue of issues, just select one of the issues and it changes from list view to issue details view and you are now looking at the issue with all the possible workflow, edits, etc.

Hope that helps

Susan

What I mean, is it possible to somehow click on a cell in the list of issues and edit it directly? I'm aware of the option to go to the issue details screen. However, I'm looking for a faster way to edit a single field for a single issue in a list or queue, e.g. when I'd like to quickly change a due date or assignee.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

no

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2018

Floris,

You can't even do that in Jira Core, so unlikely to be able to do in Jira Service Desk.

Susan

OK good to know. Would be nice though :)

Eskil November 25, 2020

@Floris Olsthoorn I completely agree! Inline editing would be a fantastic feature for quick update of multiple issues. Crazy really that such a simple feature is not already available!

S February 1, 2021

Is there a possibility to achieve this Jira via some scripts etc?

How you guys found a workaround for this feature?

I noticed there's already a feature request open 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8476?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=f1b296a3-623b-4f39-b2a4-2b8d41da9007

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events