Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal only users password management

Jennifer Sander June 16, 2017

Dear Community,

When I am adding users to a certain client portal, I usually go to "Customers" and then simply add the e-mail addresses.

I learned this is automatically crating a Portal Only account for the users. 

However, I still have to manually assign a password via User Management by going to the users and selecting "Change Password" - even though there hasn't been a password given in the first place.

Then I'd manually create passwords for the user(s) (sometimes 5-10 at a time for a new customer portal) and send them their passwords per separate e-mails.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thansk

Jen

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2017

Hi Jennifer,

Another option is allowing users to create the account themselves (if your organisation allows to have a public Service Desk).

No hassle for you and they can choose their own password.

There's more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/set-up-customer-permissions-732528940.html

The way we have it set up is that anyone can see the JSD, but they need to create an account to raise requests.

In the customer permissions, we have selected the option 'Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal'.

Rose Sahagun August 20, 2018

We have a client that does not want to set up their own accounts, so we have been manually adding in the generic password on there. 

However, they have now sent a list of 200 users to do this for - anyway to bulk set the generic password for all these accounts? rather than adding 1 by 1? 

thanks!!!

Like Marc Muhlestein likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events