Portal Submission add external email notification

Reid Talbot August 13, 2019

I have customers submitting requests through the Jira Cloud Portal with several options for the type of request to submit. When a customer submits a request for specifically 'New Account Creation' or 'Account Suspension' I want to set it up so that an email is externally sent to our HR person. They aren't needing to be active on the ticket (such as a Watcher), they just need to be aware of the new hire or fire. Everything I have found so far in the Automation section looks like it only will notify internal to the Jira system. 

Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

If you wish them to be a "Watcher" they mush have an account. If you simply wish to send them an email w/ some subject/body then look toward an addon, e.g. Automation for Jira or similar.

Reid Talbot August 14, 2019

I am trying this out, the prototype seems promising!

0 votes
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2019

I think that an alternative is to have 1 account setup with a group e-mail and use Automation out of the box to alert that group. HR wouldn't be able to view the issues but would still get notified of the alert.

Reid Talbot August 14, 2019

This is a good idea, I was hoping to save the cost on a user for notifications, but this does sound like a more sure method.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events