Per project input / output email address

Jacques Ferland September 26, 2019

Hello.

I have a Jira instance with multiple projects in it. I am having difficulty to configure a full input / output loop per projects so that external service desk users and service desk agents can discuss and reply to an issue using only email.

I know I should be using notifications schemes to do this, but I do not understand yet where I should input the "destination" email. 

In short, I do not understand where I can define:

- the "sender's" email or domain (like PROJECT1@jiratest.com) 

- use that PROJECT1 email address in an incoming email handler to have JIRA feed back the reply into the relevant project (comment an existing issue) or CREATE a new issue if needed.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello Jacques,

Thank you for reaching out.

The notification schemes of JIRA are created to handle internal notifications with JIRA Users, not applicable for customers. To set the communication e-mail between agents and customers, you can follow the steps below:

1 - Navigate to your Service desk project > Project settings > Email requests

2 - In this page, you can set the e-mail address that will:

- Receive the customer new request

- Send notifications to the customer about an agent update

- Receive reply back from the customers, that will be added as a comment. The reply will be identified by the issue that is automatically added to the e-mail subject when replying to the agent notification, otherwise, a new issue will be created.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 19.07.20.png

Optionally, you can even set external e-mail addresses for your project. P.S: The same e-mail address will be added as the incoming and outcoming e-mail for the project. This behavior will make sure the user is replying back to the correct recipient when answering the agent notification.

You can have more information about this feature here:

Receiving requests by email

Let me know if this information helps or if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events