Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause SLA on Pending reason

Matthias Fleschütz March 16, 2018

Hi there,

I simply managed to pause SLA timer on specific status.

As the status "Pending" has internal and external reasons, I want to pause the SLA only for external "Pending reasons". Unfortunately it seems that I can not put custom JQL queries into the SLA pause definitions...?

Any hints?

Thanks,
Matthias

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2018

Hi Matthias,

I can only suggest that you create two statuses (Pending - external reasons, Pending -Internal reasons).  ANd one pauses, the other doesn't.

Or two different SLAs (one for external reasons, one for internal reasons). 

At this time there is no other options on setting the pause on the SLA. 

Susan

Hi Susan,

well, sure, this workaround is quite obvious but really nothing I wanna do, due to all the differnet workflows I have to change...

Thanks,

Matthias

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2018

@Matthias Fleschütz, what about your current workflow dictates internal and external? What variable would you propose to trigger the SLA on? If not Different statuses as Susan suggest does your workflow have different transitions to pending?

Hi @Jack Brickey

In JSD standard there is the attribute of "Pending reason" which can be entered in the dialog when selecting "pending".

As a fan of being most flexible the best would be to have a JQL for SLA pause and SLA end...;-)

At least to ask the pending reason attribute for values would be good to pause SLA calculation.

Best,

Matthias

Like Vlad Fed likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2018

Thanks Matthias. I had to go peek at the documentation on this. I see this is the ITIL Change Management Workflow. I have never used this before. I would certainly agree it would be nice to be able to select the pause/stop on pending reason code. I searched Atlassian's open suggestions for JSD but did not find this one listed. You might wish to open one at jira.atlassian.com. Unfortunately this isn't likely to bear fruit anytime soon.

At this point I can't offer another suggestion other than change the workflow as Susan has already suggested but you were not keen on. You did mention having to change multiple workflows which seems a bit odd as I would have thought w/ ITIL you would only have one. Guess that is not the case here though.

If you end up w/ a good solution and/or open a suggestion please comment back on the thread as it will help others.

Cheers, j

Matthias Fleschütz March 17, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey

no, its not the special ITIL Change workflow. It is the standard Service Request and Incident workflow that comes by setup JSD.

But thanks for your feedback, I like a lot of the JSD features, but somehow I am also disappointed at some points, because it really is very basic in some features. 

Best,

Matthias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events