Pass a status to reach a different status with one transitions

AccessHolding July 25, 2018

Hi Community,

Is it possible to go from status A to status C without any direct connection? For example to use the transition from status A to status B and from status B to status C. Ideally without any noticeable delay. I dont mind if this additional transitions are mentioned in the logs.

The goal is to get rid of the transition web for several workflows. I have also an practical example:

A Ticket was on the 2nd Level and resolved by an agent. Customer using the re-open function and ticket should be in the 2nd Level queue again. Currently I have several transitions from the status re-open to each queues. But is there a better way how to deal with it? Like saving the last known queue in a hidden field and use this field as a condition to choose the queue as soon as a ticket was re-opened. So the system goes automatically from status A -> status B -> status C -> status D and is using the existing transitions?

I hope it was clear and somebody face the same struggle.

Best,

Kristian

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2018

Your best option is one of the scripting or automation add-ons.  ScriptRunner and Automation both have "transition issue again if xxx" functions built in, so you don't need to code anything.

AccessHolding July 25, 2018

Thanks Nic,

I was already thinking about scripting but thought there is a more common solution. Anyway I have already several scripts in place and will manage. Thanks for the hint.

Best,

Kristian

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2018

have you considered a simplified WF where every status can transition to any other status, i.e. all? 

all.jpg

0 votes
informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2018

Hey @AccessHolding. This sounds like a typical case for a misconfigured workflow. It would definitely help to see your current workflow and setup to help you restructuring it.

You could for example (as you've already mentioned) use a CustomField to hold your support-levels and shrink the somewhat bloatet workflow configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events