Out of box workflows - JIRA Service Desk instance

Mukesh Bathija October 23, 2017

Hi all,

I am getting myself acquainted with JIRA Service Desk functionalities and features, here are few questions:

1) I can see out-of-box workflows for "bug" & "new feature" is different from "support"? Why is this the case? I am assuming maybe because support request type may have dependence on receiving feedback from the customer before we may proceed. Is that the case?

2) "waiting for support" and "waiting for customer" - is this two really needed for practical purposes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

@Mukesh Bathija,

welcome to JSD. As you are likely aware you can customize to your needs/liking so if OOB isn't what you want feel free to customize.

1) It has to do w/ the workflows associated with the issue type. More or less as you indicated.

2) yes both are needed I think. Basically, Waiting for support indicates it is in Supports hands to start working while Waiting on customer is used to indicate the ball is with the customer. These statuses fit prominently in the built in SLA capabilities.

hope that helps and best of luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events