Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization members not being notified by email when issue is created

Suporte AGTI August 5, 2020

Hi,

I have an issue with notification for organization members when issue is created. Only the issue reporter is receiving the email notification.
If I remove the organization from the inssue and reinsert it, them the organization members are notified.

I have checked the "Permission scheme" for the project, and every option that looks relevant is checked.
Also in the "customer notification" tab project settings, the "related customers" is checked in the "Issue created" event.

What else can I look for?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hello @Suporte AGTI,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a customer is a member of an organization and they share the ticket at the moment its created, the other customers in that organization will receive a notification that the ticket was shared.

By default, they don't receive the "Issue created" notification, they only receive the "Organization added", and if they want to receive future updates, they must go to the ticket and click to receive notifications.

Can you check if even if they are not receiving the notification, if they can access the ticket in the portal on "My requests"?

Is it happening to all customers in the organization or with specific customers?

Regards,
Angélica

Suporte AGTI August 6, 2020

Hi, @Angélica Luz , thank you for your response.

The organization users can see the requests created by other organization users. This issue is happening with every user of every organization in the project.

The "organization added" notification is only being triggered if I manually remove and reinsert the organization in the Service Desk issue.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Thank you for the details.

I would like to know the version of Service Desk you are using.

There was a bug fixed recently that was affecting some versions and it was fixed for version 4.11.0 and 4.10.1.

If that's the case, please upgrade your Service Desk to fix this issue.

Suporte AGTI August 6, 2020

Hi,

I am using version 4.9.0. I will try to update my application, thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Suporte AGTI August 9, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz 

This solved the problem, thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2020

Hello @Suporte AGTI,

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad that it was resolved.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Michael Aglas August 24, 2022

@Suporte AGTI what was the problem?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events