Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization management

Gleb Kobets December 1, 2017

I've started to add organizations to my service desk project. 

And I got the approach how to do that (Add Customer on Organization view). However that's very inefficient to add customers' emails manually - I have to go back to the Customers List, filter by some key tags, copy the email address, go back to Organization view and add Customer. So many actions. 

Can you pls suggest a more efficient way?

Let's say I can choose Customers from the list in the Organization view? Or from the Customer view assign him to a specific organization. Wouldn't it work?  

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Glen,

Organizations is a newer feature in JIRA Service Desk and is a little clunking right now.  We started using it but gave up because of the maintenance overhead.  What you are doing is the only way to add customers and it is painful.  I am hoping that they allow groups to be added in the future. This would be much easier.

Ar Gr August 1, 2018

are there any limitations to organizations/customers? e.g. to have 5 millions of organizations and the same amount of customers? Any experience on this?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

I have never dealt with anything that large.  I would assume that if you had the hardware to back it 5 million of anything is possible.  You would want run their enterprise offering for sure and you might want to engage an implementation team that has been involved in large implementations of Atlassian products so your hardware is properly architected and software is properly configured for that load.

3 votes
Dietrich February 18, 2022

It's more than 4 years later and this feature isn't any more useful than before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events