It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Organising confluence docs in Knowledge Base

I have a knowledge base created in a Confluence space that is beautifully organised into categories and subcategories and the articles have a particular order even within the subcategories, however when it is connected to Service Desk and I've tried to organise into categories it's all messed up. How do I rearrange the order of the docs within the categories?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Amelia Savor 

From Jira Service Desk, select Knowledge Base on the menu. This will take you into Articles. 

On the menu you will see + New Category and clicking on this will allow you to name your category and to give it a name. 

From there you can click into each of the KB articles and assign one or multiple categories to the page. 

If you don't categorise a post then it won't appear on the menu, but it is still searchable. 

For your customers - depending on how many categories you have created, those categories will be the menu items on the Customer Portal. There are no sub-menus, just KB posts within the categories. 

For you and your colleagues - you'll still see the beautifully organised pages in their categories and subcategories via Confluence.

-Mike

Thanks Mike :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

1,798 views 10 17
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you