Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify service desk agents when customer request type changes

david kreuter March 8, 2017

We have several queue filters based on the issue's request type, for instance application management or general. In some cases the request type is not appropriate and must be changed the agent, so the ticket goes to the other queue and get picked up by the responsible agent. 

Is there a way to notify agents when the request type changes? In the best case notify a group of people. Can this achieved by custom automation rule or plugin?

2 answers

2 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Hey David,

I had this same issue. I found a notifications tab within Service Desk

1. Go to your Service Desk Project
  2. Go to the Project Settings
  3. Go to Notifications
  4. Under Actions, select Edit Notifications
  5. Add a group for the Issue Updated Notification

Hope this is helpful!

david kreuter March 9, 2017

Hi Thomas, with this setting the specific group would get notifications for all updates. In my case only one specific group should get the notification when the field "customer request type" changes to the specific value, e.g. request type change to "application management" should trigger notification for group "application managers" only.

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

I see what you are saying now... That's a great question. I tried some sort of Automation Rule but I've never had success doing so. Hopeful someone will give us an answer shortly. Sorry I couldn't help.

1 vote
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2017

I'm looking for an answer to the same question.  We have an automation rule to add a group to the issue based on the request type, and that group is also copied on the Issue Created notification.  What we need is a way to notify the appropriate group when the request type is changed, but not when there are other updates to the issue.  

David, did you ever find a solution for this? Thanks!

david kreuter August 16, 2017

Hi Susan, we have created a Script Runner Listern, which listens on "issue updated" events and checks if request type has changed. If yes, then the underlying group stored in a custom field is notified. 

Andrew Bilukha August 3, 2018

@david kreuter Can you please share the script for that? I got the listener part and update event part -- but what is the particular code you used to monitor the change of "Customer Request Type" -- can you please paste the code, and possibly add some screenshots?

david kreuter August 5, 2018

Hi @Andrew Bilukha, for detecting a change for a particular field you can do:

List<GenericValue> changeItems = event?.getChangeLog()?.getRelated("ChildChangeItem")
GenericValue changeItem = changeItems.find {
it.field == 'Customer Request Type'
}

if (changeItem) {

// perform your action on field change

}

Andrew Bilukha August 6, 2018

Great, thanks @david kreuter .  Mine, to trigger an event on switch "TO" Customer Request Type (we want to email a specific group when the tickets gets to their queue) looks like this:

def change = event?.getChangeLog()?.getRelated("ChildChangeItem").find {it.field == "Customer Request Type"}
if (change) {
if (
change.newstring == 'Desktop Support request' ||
change.newstring == 'Desktop Support incident'
) {
log.info("Returning true\nOld Value: " + change.oldstring + "\nNew Value: " + change.newstring)
return true

}
log.info("Inner returning false\nOld Value: " + change.oldstring + "\nNew Value: " + change.newstring)
return false

}
log.info("Outer returning false\n")
return false

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events