Notifications......

Chris Bell November 9, 2014

We are currently evaluating JIRA Service Desk for our helpdesk needs

Testing so far is going well - and I am now dealing with this issue of notifications 

I have been able to configure the system so that any replies received by customers for an existing issue trigger an email to me, and also that an email to an agent is sent whenever an issue is transferred to them - and that works just great

The piece I am missing, and I don't know if this is possible - is that what we would really like is when a brand new issue is received in our Service Desk - that an email be sent to me saying a new issue is there and needs to be handled

Is such a facility available and if so how is it configured

Many thanks for any help that you can give

Chris 

2 answers

1 vote
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Service Desk notification is a combination of Service Desk notification (when it is enabled) and corresponding JIRA project notification scheme:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+JIRA+Service+Desk+notifications

Try adding yourself to JIRA project Notification Scheme to be notified on 'Issue Created' event. If it does not help you can try disabling Service Desk notification and use corresponding project notification scheme alone.

0 votes
Chris Bell November 26, 2014

I have been able to set this as I want thanks

Please close this ticket 

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

That is your question. So only you can close it by accepting provided answer or answering it yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events