Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not sent to assignee when customer closes issue

Stefan Stark December 9, 2019

The assignee of an issue in our Jira Service Desk (4.5.1) Server is not getting notified, when a customer closes the ticket with the transition buttons we made visible on the customer portal. 

The notification settings seem to indicate that the assignee should get the notification:

image.png

I have looked at this article. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/service-desk-notifications-not-sent-on-resolved-or-reopened-requests-800293284.html but I am not sure it applies. Within the workflow, we set the resolution by transition properties (servicedesk.customer.transition.resolution). 

Do you have any ideas why this is not working? Thanks a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Is it possible that you have the Assignee included as a Customer in the project?

Stefan Stark December 9, 2019

Hi Jack, thanks for the answer! 

No, I cross-checked and the Agent (Assignee) is not included as a customer in the project. I have also checked if the agent should be treated as customer in my test request (based on this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/service-desk-agents-will-be-treat-as-customers-by-jira-service-desk-970264344.html) and he is neither reporter, participant, approver or part of the organization.

The assignee also receives all other notifications (comments etc.)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Does server have a "notification helper"? Cloud allows you to check what should happen for a given user and issue and event. Did you check the workflow to ensure that the Generic Event is in the Post Function for the transition to closed? I would be surprised if it was missing but something to check.

Stefan Stark December 10, 2019

Yes, I should have mentioned that: the notification helper says the assignee should receive both issue resolved and issue closed (as long as the change was not done by himself, which is wasn't). And yes, the Generic Event is part of the post function, though I have to admit I don't quite understand how this is connected. What does the generic event do in this case?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events