Notifications for Service Desk?

Greg November 8, 2017

Hi,

We've recently switched to Service Desk, in our last software, we were able to configure emails to be sent to ourselves when a new issue was raised for example.

Or, in the mobile version of the app in the previous software, there was an option to send notifications there too.
There doesn't seem to be any such feature for JIRA?
For example, let's say I'm on call, and I'm at home, I have to actively monitor the service desk, whereas before I could get notifications to my phone.
Is there any way of doing this?

Lastly, in the mobile application, when I go to boards, I can only see one, and it's one for a team that doesn't relate to me,
Are board permissions for mobile viewing given individually by the owner of the board or something?
At the moment, the only way to see new Service Desk items is to go to 'All' on the main mobile screen (Using Android) and it simply shows the latest activity from all boards.

1 answer

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

For the notification part of the question:

You can use a combination of the Workflow, Events and the notification scheme to notify you about these cases. You can configure an automatic Event trigger on your transitions. These events can be configured for notifications, which can be configured for specific people. In this case, the workflow transition would trigger the event, which would trigger the notification. 

You could configure Automations that will mention the user on certain conditions. On the "Then" column of the automation rule, you can configure this. 

Keep in mind that Customers will only receive notifications if you have the following option on Administration > Applications > Configuration:

* Yes, send customers both JIRA Service Desk and JIRA notifications

If this is not configured this way, they will only be notified of issues in which they are the reporter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events