Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not sent to assignee when a user approve or decline a request at the approval step

Jeffrey Peng September 7, 2017

We added an approval step to our JIRA Service Desk (3.3.0 server version) to allow multiple users to approve or decline purchase requests.  It works well. However, we notice that when an approval or decline activity was committed by one of the users from the customer portal, no email was sent to the assignee until all the approve results were gathered from ALL users, which also triggered the change of issue status. Also, the approval action was recorded on the Activity log of the customer portal but not the service desk issue page (agent portal), please refer to the attached pictures.

So my question is how the assignee of the request can be notified when an approval result is given by one of the reviewers/users at the approval step? Many thanks.customer portal view.pngservice desk view.png

1 answer

0 votes
Vijay Sv September 7, 2017

Add a customized "email notification" for that approval transition or check your Notification scheme whether "Assignee" is added to notify the changes.  You can also use Notification helper under system page to check whether notifications are being sent to assignee.

Thanks,

Vijay

Jeffrey Peng September 7, 2017

Hi Vijay, thanks for your reply.

I understand what you suggested. But the source of this issue is nothing to do with the action but the trigger. As I mentioned no changes made to the approval transition or the issue itself to trigger any notifications until ALL the approval results are gathered. 

So just wondering how to get the notification triggered each time when a user gives his/her approval/decline while the transition/status of the related issue is still unchanged?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events