Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not sending

Guillermo Rosas January 15, 2018

Hi all, i have a problem with notifications.

When a customer creates an issue, he is not notificated, despite i have al the settings ok.

configuración de reglas.png

Also I made a test with the notifications inspector, but it says that´s ok

inspector de notificaciones.png

I would like to know what another settings do i have to check.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi @Guillermo Rosas,

as you can see in you second screenshot you have disabled the function of getting notified of its own changes.

You can change this in the user profile. For more information you could also click the link shown in your screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Guillermo Rosas January 16, 2018

Hi @H K

Thanks for your response,

After clicking the link, I have tried to follow the instructions:

documentacion.png

I couldnt find the "preferences section" on the customer profile, I think that section is only restricted for agents.

perfil de usuario.png

Regards.

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi,

I checked the customer notification settings in our projects and noticed a checkbox to exclude the person causing the action. I think this is activated by default.

Make sure you do not have activated this checkbox.

Unbenannt.PNG

Guillermo Rosas January 16, 2018

Hi @H K

You are right, I unchecked this option and notifications started to working fine.

Thanks a lot!!

Regards.

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Hi @Guillermo Rosas,

you are welcome!
I am glad I could help you.

Best regards.

Guillermo Rosas January 23, 2018

Hi @H K, I would like to share another related issue about notifications.

Keeping the notifications settings above, After I change the issue type using "moving issue type option":

foto 1.png

Notifications about status updating are not sent (I suppouse could be probably about the incompatibility betwen workflows from an issue type to another).

However if I make a comment or give a resolution to that issue, those notifications are sent to the reporter. 

Regards

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2018

Hello @Guillermo Rosas,

have you only changed the issue type or have you moved the ticket into another project?
If it is the second case you need to check the notification settings in the second project as well. Maybe there is something missing?

Best Regards

Guillermo Rosas January 24, 2018

Hello @H K

I only changed the issue type in the same project.

Best Regards

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2018

Hi @Guillermo Rosas,

okay. I was just a bit confused why you change this via the move option. I use this option to move the hole issue in another projekt. If I only want to change the type I just click on it and choose another one ;)

Nevertheless, without changing the project your notifications should still work as before. So only the notifications about a new status are missing, right?

Have you changed the names of the statuses visible for the customer in the portal
(under "project settings" - "request types" - "edit fields" of the now used request type - tab "workflow statuses")?

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2018
Guillermo Rosas January 31, 2018

Hi @H K

My apologies to not respond before,

Yes, I have checked all visible statuses and that is ok.

I have made a lot of tests (without moving Issue type yet, I mean keeping the same issue type), I realized sometimes customers are notificated, sometimes are not, sometimes are notificated twice (keeping  the same notification settings, considering visible and not visible statuses). 

For instance I will show some cases (all those cases followed the same treatment with the same notification settings):

Case 1: The reporter did not receive notification of the change the status to "solved", neither the resolution notification 

imagen 1.png

Case 2: I only received 1 notification :(, despite I updated all the statuses (the are 4 statuses that the customer can see, also I gave it a resolution "solved" that is no notificated).

foto 2.png

Case 3: I received a duplicate notification "resolving"

foto 3.pngI have more cases, I could think that is not a notification settings matter, because those cases had diferent behavior in the same treatment and settings conditions. I dont know what another feature could change those results.

Best Regards

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

Hi @Guillermo Rosas,

okaaay.. hmm. I had an issue with one agent not recieving all but some notifications, too. The problem was, that he was an agent set to the service desk team AND customer role in the particular project. This caused a conflict between the two roles and the different notifications recieved by customers and agents. Maybe this could be another hint for you but this looks quite more complicated than the issue I had.

Otherwise I am out of ideas. I would advise you to open a new question in the community forum. There might be someone else who knows about this issue and could help you with that immediately.

Best regards and good luck! ;)

Guillermo Rosas February 1, 2018

Hi @H K

Yes, I will keep analyzing and making some tests, once I find the cause I will let you know.

Thanks a lot!!!

Best regards :)

Guillermo Rosas February 13, 2018

Hi @H K

Finally, I solved my problem!!

I contacted support and they told me this is a bug in 3.9 version with a dark feature that makes SLA indexing faster, so there are two ways to fix that:

1. Disabling that feature following those steps:

1.1. navigate to $JIRAURL /secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa you will need to be a Jira system administrator to reach this page

1.2. remove the feature flag:                 "sd.internal.base.off.thread.on.completion.events.enabled"

or 2. Upgrading to 3.9.2 or the latest version available (3.10.1)

I followed the first recomendation and solved all notifications issues (duplicated, triplicated, not sent, not sent after changing issue type).

@H K thank you so much for the support at all times, this experience has made me know servicedesk much better :)

Best Regards!! 

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

Hi @Guillermo Rosas,

I am glad you could finally solve your notification problems :)

Best regards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events