Notification format for internal comments on JIRA Service Desk?

Rory Aptekar February 12, 2015

Currently, when an agent comments on a ticket in JIRA Service Desk - we have email notifications sent to watchers as well as other agents. If the comment is internal, there's no evidence on the email notification that this comment is actually an internal comment and not a response to the customer. Is there any way to customize or change this so that the email notifications show a distinction between internal comments and responses to customers?

As with some other ticketing systems, the option for another email address to respond with that would only be used for internal comments would be ideal - but I don't know if this possible with the current version of JSD.

2 answers

2 votes
Brandon Bowersox-Johnson February 12, 2015

+1 for this suggested functionality. I'm not aware of any current support in JSD 2.2 for a visual distinction in emails or for having 2 addresses to reply to.

Note: The default behavior of JSD seems to be that any email replies from agents will default to being External comments, shared with the customer. It's important to educate customer support staff about that default behavior (since so many staff use email on their cell phones to comment on tickets at times). I'm not aware of any current way for Agents who are interacting by email to choose to make their reply an internal comment.

Chintan Botadra February 1, 2016

Did you find any way to make comments internal from email?

M Lasonde April 14, 2016

Please tell me someone has figured this out..I need the ability to set emails as internal from anyone who is not a customer. 2 reasons, for fear of a slip of the tongue and to hide my escalation teams addresses.

MarcelDraheimSignavio August 27, 2018

+1 Atlassian should offer this functionality by default, to setup all answers from colleagues as internal comments only.

0 votes
Yehuda_Katz July 9, 2020

Five years later, this is the first result for this search, and I still don't see any way to mark these comments in outgoing notification emails. Anyone know anything?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events