Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification emails to all Service desk agents

Jonathan Hotchkiss October 9, 2014

Hi there,

How can i enable emails to my service desk agents when a new ticket has been raised? the emails to a user when they raise a ticket, are working fine i think, but an email to the agents who handle service desk seems to be no where for me to configure, or to define who will receive it.

My knowledge of JIRA is tiny and to be honest i'm struggling to get my head around the admin, menu;s etc.

many thanks for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
davy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

You will need to add the service desk agents to the Issue Created event in project the notification scheme.

This will generate a notification to all service desk agents for every issue created for this service desk project.

To enable this:
Go to the administrative cog wheel (top right) -> Projects -> open the relevant service desk project -> Notifications (on the left) -> Actions cog wheel (right) -> Edit notifications -> at Issue Created click on Add (far right) -> select 'Project Role' and choose 'Service Desk team' -> Add.

note: if the notification scheme is used by other projects, the change will also effect those projects.

Walney Seixas February 10, 2020

Dear All 

I have no options to select Service Desk Team.

Configurações - ReadyMix Help Desk 2020-02-10 15-55-00.png

Like spryce likes this
Sreekala Dande May 3, 2020

Hi @Jonathan Hotchkiss

I Am having same problem, i am getting only two options. I need to send notification to different agents based on priority

spryce June 9, 2021

Same issue here. So frustrating. I need to notify all agents when a new ticket is created.

0 votes
Jonathan Hotchkiss October 12, 2014

Davy, thanks you SO MUCH!!! I've been hunting around for ages, but not found this. i guess because I've limited knowledge of the ins and outs of Jira, but i REALLY appreciate your help.

cheers

J

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events