Notification Email Format

Emily Cullinan November 7, 2016

Hi,

We currently encourage customers to use the HTML notification email type, as this is more user friendly than the plain text version. We have amended the default settings to ensure this is always used for new users moving forward, however we have a number of customers already in the system who we are concerned may be using the Text type. 

I'm aware this can be amended within Profile > User preferences however we cannot access all of our users accounts to change this.

Is there a way this can be updated globally to ensure all existing users are using the HTML version?

Thanks,

Emily

1 answer

0 votes
oli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2016

Hi Emily,

I had a look into this and found that you can apply the HTML format to all users by following these steps:

1. Go to the "Default user preferences" page (cog icon at the top-right of screen > System > Default user preferences)
  2. Check that "Default outgoing email format" is set to HTML and click "apply" on the right-hand side
  3. It will tell you how many users it will affect, click update

However, from my testing it appears that this setting only affects users who have not explicitly set their email preference in their profile.

I could not find a way to force all users in JIRA to have the specified setting (for those that changed their profile preference). As far as I can tell, this would require a bit of scripting - someone asked a similar question here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/124067.

Cheers,

Oliver

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events