Not able to close the sprint,

Srinivasan Gunasekaran May 22, 2017

I have a issue workflow as Todo-->inprogress-->Done-->complete.

I have subtask workflow as Todo-->inprogress-->Done.

2 Main issues --> in Complete status

1 Subtask --> in Done status

When i tried to close the sprint, it is not letting me to close the sprint, since subtasks are not in complete."JIRA indicates they have non complete subtasks "

In board we have column order as Todo-->inprogress-->Done-->complete.

Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

The far-right hand column on your board must contain all end-states for issues.  You need to move the status "done" into the "complete" column, so that the sub-task can be in the right column when it's done.

"done" and "complete" mean roughly the same thing, so your main issue workflow is pretty unclear.  In order to stop the "done" in there also being in the right hand column, I would use a different status, such as "dev done".

Srinivasan Gunasekaran May 22, 2017

Sub-task use a separate Workflow, and its final Status is not same as main task.

Main issue have the workflow as Todo-->inprogress-->Done-->complete.                              Subtask workflow as Todo-->inprogress-->Done.

Not clear what you are trying to say.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

You cannot close your sprints because you have not finished the issues in it.The far-right hand column on your board must contain all end-states for issues.

You need the status Done and Complete inthe "complete" column on the board.

If you insist on having duplicate meaning status of done and complete for the main issues, then I would change it to say something more like:

Main workflow: Todo-->inprogress-->Nearly Done-->complete.

Subtask workflow: Todo-->inprogress-->Done.

Then

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events