Not able to change the properties of a field in the request type

Anand Mutalik December 11, 2018

We have several fields in the request type. We want to set few fields as mandatory and rest as optional. But the system isn't allowing me to change the field's properties. I have the admin access.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

@Anand Mutalik, you mention "field's properties", where are you accessing the properties. When you wish to make a field mandatory for your customers you do this on the edit field screen - project > project settings > request types > edit fields for the specific request type and in the "required" column you select yes, no. If this didn't help can you explain more?

Anand Mutalik December 11, 2018

I am doing the same but, after the Update button is not doing anything. Not sure what is stopping the system from updating the filed as mandatory.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

i have never experienced that. So you go to the portal after making a change to required and it still shows optional? I wonder if you remove the field and add back and make mandatory?

I would recommend contacting Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events